Now that you are on to the next phase of your life, please be aware of the Wesleyan account access changes that are in store.
What Stays the Same
- You retain your Wesleyan.edu account and it will stay on Google as long as we continue to use their services. You may continue to use your Gmail, Google Drive and OneDrive space. Be sure to login to your email at least once a year to keep it active. For security purposes, we disable email accounts inactive for more than one year. You will receive advance notification if that gets close.
- You retain access to WesPortal where you can access resources such as JSTOR, HathiTrust, Project Muse, SensusAccess, Mango Languages, transcripts, and student information.
- Should you need support regarding your account or alum access, you can continue to request support in your WesPortal ITS Help > Report an Issue.
- Additional information about alumni resources are available here: https://www.wesleyan.edu/alumni/resources.html
- June 15, 2020
- Wireless Access changes. Your wireless network access changes to WesGuest unless you are continuing on in a staff capacity or Graduate student here at Wes. If so, your access would adjust with your new role. If you will still be at Wesleyan in another capacity and lose any of the access mentioned above, please open an incident at ServiceNow.
- Library database access ends except for JSTOR, Project Muse, HathiTrust, and SensusAccess. Alumni may access these library resources through WesPortal.
- VPN access ends
- Note on Research. Occasionally there are individuals who are neither continuing studies at Wesleyan nor formally employed, however are doing ongoing research that requires extended access. If you need this access, create an incident at ServiceNow. Please include the faculty for whom you are working and for how long you need to retain your access.
- July 31, 2020
- LinkedIn Learning access ends. LinkedIn Learning access will no longer work through your Wesleyan login. However, alum can convert to a consumer subscription or access content via a LinkedIn Professional subscription. As long as you have your LinkedIn Learning account associated with your LinkedIn profile, all of your completed course history will be maintained. You can connect your LinkedIn profile at any time. From any course, click the Q&A tab for step by step instructions.
- WesCreates Access ends. WesCreates is NOT available after July 31. If you would like to migrate your website to a full hosting account, please visit Migration Information to determine options to have your domain and website content automatically migrated to a full hosting account at Reclaim Hosting.
- WesFiles Access ends. WesFiles is NOT available after July 31. You must download and move any data you wish to keep prior to this date. As of August 15, your files will be purged from the system and will no longer be recoverable.If you require an extension, please submit an incident via ServiceNow, provide your username and be sure to provide the date you are requesting to retain access. You must do this prior to July 31.
- Microsoft Office Pro Plus installations retired. Wesleyan’s Microsoft Office licensing for local installations on student computers does not persist beyond graduation. Once you become an alumnus, your access to Microsoft Office continues with the online version only. Your version of Office installed on your computer will give you 30 days notification before it will no longer be available to you. You will continue to be able to log into the Office 365 online portal.
- Zoom Professional licenses end. Students who have a professional version of Zoom will revert back to the Basic version.