Now that you are on to the next phase of your life, please be aware of the Wesleyan account access changes that are in store.
What Stays the Same
- You retain your Wesleyan.edu account and it will stay on Google as long as we continue to use their services. You may continue to use your Gmail, Google Drive and OneDrive space. Be sure to login to your email at least once a year to keep it active. For security purposes, we disable email accounts inactive for more than one year. You will receive advance notification if that gets close.
- You retain access to WesPortal where you can access resources such as JSTOR, HathiTrust, Project Muse, SensusAccess, Mango Languages, transcripts, and student information.
- Should you need support regarding your account or alum access, you can continue to request support in your WesPortal ITS Help > Report an Issue.
- Additional information about alumni resources are available here: https://www.wesleyan.edu/alumni/resources.html
- June 15, 2020
- Wireless Access changes. Your wireless network access changes to WesGuest unless you are continuing on in a staff capacity or Graduate student here at Wes. If so, your access would adjust with your new role. If you will still be at Wesleyan in another capacity and lose any of the access mentioned above, please open an incident at ServiceNow.
- Library database access ends except for JSTOR, Project Muse, HathiTrust, and SensusAccess. Alumni may access these library resources through WesPortal.
- VPN access ends
- Note on Research. Occasionally there are individuals who are neither continuing studies at Wesleyan nor formally employed, however are doing ongoing research that requires extended access. If you need this access, create an incident at ServiceNow. Please include the faculty for whom you are working and for how long you need to retain your access.
- July 31, 2020
- LinkedIn Learning access ends. LinkedIn Learning access will no longer work through your Wesleyan login. However, alum can convert to a consumer subscription or access content via a LinkedIn Professional subscription. As long as you have your LinkedIn Learning account associated with your LinkedIn profile, all of your completed course history will be maintained. You can connect your LinkedIn profile at any time. From any course, click the Q&A tab for step by step instructions.
- WesCreates Access ends. WesCreates is NOT available after July 31. If you would like to migrate your website to a full hosting account, please visit Migration Information to determine options to have your domain and website content automatically migrated to a full hosting account at Reclaim Hosting.
- WesFiles Access ends. WesFiles is NOT available after July 31. You must download and move any data you wish to keep prior to this date. As of August 15, your files will be purged from the system and will no longer be recoverable.If you require an extension, please submit an incident via ServiceNow, provide your username and be sure to provide the date you are requesting to retain access. You must do this prior to July 31.
- Microsoft Office Pro Plus installations retired. Wesleyan’s Microsoft Office licensing for local installations on student computers does not persist beyond graduation. Once you become an alumnus, your access to Microsoft Office continues with the online version only. Your version of Office installed on your computer will give you 30 days notification before it will no longer be available to you. You will continue to be able to log into the Office 365 online portal.
- Zoom Professional licenses end. Students who have a professional version of Zoom will revert back to the Basic version.
A message to the Class of 2020 from Rabbi David L. Teva, Director of Religious and Spiritual Life.
- All commencement regalia that was designated to be shipped to the Wesleyan RJ Julia Bookstore has been cancelled.
- All questions regarding reimbursement for these cancelled gowns should be directed to Oak Hall, our commencement regalia resource. They may either contact customer service at 800/456-7623 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students must make sure Oak Hall understands they’re talking about a cancelled gown from Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT.
- Students who want a cap and gown as a souvenir can still order one from the Oak Hall website and have it shipped to their home. They have until Friday, May 22nd, to order a cap and gown package. Please note, however, that gowns purchased after Friday, May 15th, might not make it to their homes in time for the virtual graduation on Sunday, May 24th….Here is the link to the Oak Hall website: https://wesleyan.shopoakhalli.com/purchasewizard/SelectEvent
- The Wesleyan RJ Julia Bookstore will not sell or loan caps and gowns this year.
- Students can order an $8 tassel from our Wesleyan RJ Julia website.
Congratulations on finishing your final classes during these unusual times! I know this has been a huge adjustment for all of us. Since we will not be able to personally distribute diplomas to the Class of 2020, we plan to mail them instead. In preparation for this, I ask you to verify your diploma address in WesPortal. The diploma address is your home address by default, but you can opt to have your diploma sent elsewhere. Please take a moment before May 25 to review and/or update this address. There is an alert box in your WesPortal that links to the diploma address application or it can be found in the “My Information” bucket.
Anna C. G. van der Burg
Any student who wishes to request a refund from their Middletown Cash account should contact Cathy-Lee Rizza in the WesCard Office at email@example.com. Before a refund is issued, the credit will need to first be reconciled with any outstanding student account balances.