Here is an end-of-semester checklist for international students:
- Check your I-20 to see if you need a new travel signature: Check the bottom of page 2 of your I-20, if you don’t have a signature there, you need to get one. If you do have a signature, the date on it must be less than 12 months old from the date on which you will return to the U.S..
- Check your I-20 for your program end date: Check page 1 of your I-20 where it says “program of study” and make sure that your program end date corresponds with your projected degree completion date at Wesleyan.
- Check your passport expiration date: Your passport must be valid for at least six months past the date you plan to return to the U.S.. Make plans to renew your passport if you need a new one.
- Check your F-1 visa expiration date: Your F-1 visa (attached in your passport) must be valid for at least 2 days past the date you plan to return to the U.S.. If you need a new F-1 visa, contact the U.S. consulate in your passport country. Check the visa appointment wait time and plan ahead.
- Make summer storage arrangements: Wesleyan does not provide on campus storage to students. However, you can find a list of commercial storage facilities to support your summer storage needs.
- Find a travel buddy to share the cost to the airport: Use the May 2019 Airport Rideshare Spreadsheet to find someone if you need a travel buddy.
Please note that all summer off-campus employment in the U.S. requires a prior work authorization.
If you need to adjust your program end date, get a new travel signature or have questions about off-campus employment during the summer, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.