The Tour Guide position is an opportunity for students of all majors to support the recruitment efforts of the Office of Admission. We seek 15-20 new guides who are mature, dependable, energetic, articulate, positive, outgoing and eager to share their Wesleyan experience.
- In addition to giving informed tours of Wesleyan University each week, you will be expected to:
- Attend all 3 days of new Tour Guide training (Jan 21-23)
- Act in a professional and respectful manner while in the office and on tour
- Dress appropriately while on tour
- Attend tour guide staff meetings once per month
- Participate in Admission office events (Open House, WesFest etc…)
The position is open to students in the class of 2020, 2021 and 2022 who are in good academic standing. Compensation will be based on campus work study pay rates, although you do not need to be eligible for work study to apply.
- Applications are due on Sunday, October 14 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Anyone offered an interview will be contacted by October 30.
- Interviews will be conducted the last two weeks of October and the first week of November.
- Those offered a position will be contacted before the Thanksgiving break.
- New guides will be required to return from winter break early for paid training (Jan. 21-23).
To apply, go to https://goo.gl/forms/EeEset9XXUMszG1B2. The deadline is Sunday, October 14 at 11:59 p.m. EST.