The application for Winter Session 2017 Financial Aid is now available in student portfolios in the Winter Session bucket. You must complete the application before October 20 in order to be eligible for aid. Students who are currently receiving Wesleyan grant funds and are a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S. may apply for aid, and may gauge their award eligibility using the chart available on the application. Applying for financial aid does not obligate you to take a course; if you’re considering Winter Session but are not sure, please apply for aid anyway.
Financial Aid process:
- Apply for Wesleyan grant aid by October 20, using the form in your EPortfolio.
- You will receive an award letter Thursday, October 27.
- Enroll in your course beginning Friday, October 28; bring your paper enrollment form, award letter, and payment for the difference between tuition and your award to the Continuing Studies office.
- If you plan to use student loans to pay for your course, please consult with your financial aid advisor to make sure you have enough loan availability to cover both Winter Session and the spring term – you do not need to submit any additional forms to borrow student loans for Winter Session.
- Applications for grant aid will not be accepted after Thursday, October 20. Need-based grant funds are limited and will not meet full need, as Winter Session is an optional term.
More information about Winter Session, including the course list, is available at http://www.wesleyan.edu/wintersession. Winter Session takes place January 9-24. Course registration, housing requests, and dining requests will open on Thursday, October 28. Housing and Dining requests will only be accepted until Tuesday, December 6 at noon.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.