This Wednesday, March 28, we invite you to more about Williams-Mystic: The Maritime Studies Semester of Williams College and Mystic Seaport.
- Visit our table in Usdan from 11:30 – 1
- Attend our information session in Usdan 114 from 6 – 7 pm; drop in anytime. Pizza will be served!
At Williams-Mystic, you’ll:
- Experience field sites on all 3 of America’s coasts
- Spend 10 days learning to sail a tall ship — no experience required
- Gain primary research experience in all 4 of your classes. You’ll gather scientific data from local beaches, discover some of the 2 million artifacts and manuscripts at Mystic Seaport’s Collections and Research Center, and much more
- Learn about the science, history, literature, and policy of our oceans and coasts from 5 faculty — and from fishermen, community leaders, activists, and scientists across the country
- Engage with current environmental issues by learning how they affect our oceans and coasts and the communities that rely on them
- Become part of a close-knit, residential community of 18–24 students from colleges across the country
- Call Mystic Seaport, the country’s largest maritime museum, your home campus
- All majors encouraged to attend! Credit and financial aid transfer guaranteed through the 12 College Exchange Program.
- Spaces still available for the Fall ’18 semester.