Hey! Hablas español hasta que te toca decir una palabra that you don’t know how to say in Spanish? Do you wonder why some words in Spanish have accents and some don’t? This is the class for you!
SPAN 203: Spanish for Heritage Speaker
Spring 2018; T-Th 1:30 – 2:45 pm
A course taught at Trinity College and offered to Wesleyan students by telepresence, with plenty of academic and technical support at the home campus, both during and outside of class.
This course is designed for heritage speakers–students who understand and speak Spanish, who grew up in a Spanish-speaking environment, but whose education was primarily in English, in the US. This course, offers many benefits, such as:
- Study Spanish in an academic setting in the same way that native English-speakers study English
- Polish both oral and written language skills in Spanish
- Learn more about your language and your cultural heritage
- Meet students with similar interests and experiences
- Gain awareness and understanding of the Hispanic/Latin@ cultures: i.e., identity and communities inside and outside the US, language variation, geography, history, customs and traditions, current events, music, arts and food
- Prepare for study abroad
- Increase internship and career opportunities
- Can count towards the HISP major
Interested? Please contact Profesora Pérez-Gironés: email@example.com (127 Downey House; office hours: Monday 1:30-2:30, Wednesday 3-4, and by appointment.)