The Tour Guide position is an opportunity for students of all majors to support the recruitment efforts of the Office of Admission. The office seeks 15-20 new guides who are mature, dependable, energetic, articulate, positive, outgoing and eager to share their Wesleyan experience.
In addition to giving informed tours of Wesleyan University each week, you will be expected to:
• Attend all 3 days of new Tour Guide training (Jan 22-24)
• Act in a professional and respectful manner while in the office and on tour
• Dress appropriately while on tour
• Attend tour guide staff meetings once per month
• Participate in Admission office events (Open House, WesFest etc…)
The position is open to students in the class of 2019, 2020 and 2021 who are in good academic standing. Compensation will be based on campus work study pay rates, although you do not need to be eligible for work study to apply.
• Applications are due on Wednesday, November 1 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
• Anyone who is offered an interview will be contacted by November 9.
• Interviews will be conducted the week of November 13-17.
• Those offered a position will be contacted before the Thanksgiving break.
• New guides will be required to return from winter break early for training (Jan. 22-24).